[TxMt] Shell used by TM

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 12:15:51 UTC 2007

On 6. Dec 2006, at 19:02, Brian Landau wrote:

> I've used DarwinPorts (aka MacPorts) to install the latest version of
> the BASH shell (v3.1.17). I've set it as my default shell within the
> NetInfo database. I also have it on the list of acceptable shells in
> my etc/shells file
>
> I'm just wondering how you force TextMate to use this shell as opposed
> to the built-in BASH shell.

TextMate has /bin/bash hardcoded.

Many commands will break if another shell is used (csh, zsh, tcsh,
ksh, etc.) so it is not a good idea if TM uses the users current shell.

But there are probably some exceptions, like the filter through
command (which only macros could potentially rely on using bash) and
of course it might be nice if TM would use the newest version on the
system (if it is fully backwards compatible) -- not sure if it is
worth investing time in solving this problem.