[TxMt] Quick find and open last closed file

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 7 20:45:33 UTC 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Juan wrote:

> 	I have many many lines of code for to introduce in TM, but I am
> worried about the fact that many of them will be impossible since
> TM does not preserve states and always depends on external commands
> and not have an internal interpreter.  This is a very deep
> limitation, you must agree with me.

No sorry, I don't. Partly because I don't understand exactly what you
mean by built-in interpreter, and partly because I have found TM very
extensible in many ways and there are very few things that find it
limiting in. Using external commands has worked great for me because
I can code in whatever scripting language I like, rather than be
forced to use  whatever language the author decided to have the built-
in interpreter in. That's one of the reasons I gave up on emacs.

I think however that there are a lot of things that can be done with
TM as it is, and if there is something you think can't be done, then
ask the list and perhaps we'll have some ideas about how to do it. If
it really can't be done with things as is, and you have a good case
for the need for this feature, then your feature request might make
it into TM releases sooner than not.

Haris