[TxMt] Snippet Overtype

Craig Francis craig.francis at europe.mccann.com
Wed Feb 7 13:02:34 UTC 2007

In CSS, I block out parts of the code with comments like...

/*--------------------------------------------------*/
/* Heading                                          */

I am a little obsessive compulsive, in that each of the comments
should use 50 hyphens to keep them all neat and tidy... in a mono-
type font.

Is it possible to make a snippet that will add the relevant number of
spaces after the words?

So in the example above, the word "Heading" uses 7 characters, plus 1
for the space on the left, leaves 42 spaces on the right.

I was considering the use of...

/*--------------------------------------------------*/
/* $1                                              ${1/./\0x0D/g} */$0

Where the "\0x0D" is the hex code for the back space key.

Any ideas?

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.Unless you
are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended
recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or
any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message.
Thank you very much.
(A)