[TxMt] Quick find and open last closed file

Juan juanfc at lcc.uma.es
Tue Feb 6 23:54:03 UTC 2007

	I use a lot a command that I call "quickSearch"  that look for the
next text equal that the one that is selected.  It is very useful
since you can find quickly var declarations, etc.  only selecting the
word (you'll need only the keyboard!) and press, for exmple Shift-
Ctrl-Opt- ->  or Shift-Ctrl-Opt- <-  (arrow keys) for
quickSearchBackward.

The only way I've found is building the macro:

	copySelectionToFindPboard:
	findForward:

or the analogous for findPrevious:

The problem is with this simple action I destroy the FindPboard and
this is an unnecessary, I think, colateral effect.

Have s/o solve this not destroying the FindPboard?

Another:

I love to reread the last closed file in a time sorted (stacked)
way:  last closed file, first one to open.  This also allows me to
open several files (and close) them quickly.

I used to use Ctrl-Opt-O for that process in AlphaX.  I can't find
the way for doing this with TM.  I think you should save in a file
the history of open files, or so... TM haven't memory variables, in
any way.  Alpha has an embedded interpreter inside it and then read
many many procs and variables at start and is easy to refer to them
and also has  open-hook and close-hook procs that make this stack
very easy.

Any idea?

-- juan