[TxMt] Hanging shell scripts (was Re: Serious bug with Python syntax highlighting)

Rob Shearer textmate at v.cx
Tue Feb 6 22:08:06 UTC 2007

>> I disagree---it's far far too easy to accidentally run some shell
>> script which just goes away and spins. And if you do you've got to
>> kill TextMate and lose all your unsaved changes. This has cost me
>> a number of hours of work already in the few weeks I've been using
>> TextMate.
>
> Actually Ctrl+C should stop the shell script at any time, and
> return control of TM to you.

I'd love to learn that there's a way to get this to work in all
cases, but I've only found Ctrl+C to work when the script is directly
invoked by a "Command". Things like backtick shell expansions in
snippets don't appear to be listening...

I hadn't realized there would be much controversy that this was an
opportunity for improvement in TextMate's architecture. Is there a
way to cancel any kind of shell command spawned by the application?

Am I also the only one annoyed by the current Undo implementation?