[TxMt] Browse Tables in SQL bundle

Peter Cowan cowan.pd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 22:44:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The "Browse Tables" command returns a "mysqldb not found" error with
the latest cutting edge version of TM (1349) and a fresh checkout of
the SQL bundle on my computer using version 5.0.27 of MySQL.

mysql_config is in my PATH and I've followed the instructions for
installing the python module and the following relevant bit of code
from the checkinstall.py file runs without exception.

#!/usr/bin/env python
try:
    import MySQLdb
except:
    print 'mysqldb not found'
    sys.exit(-1)

several months ago on the mailing list problems with "Browse Tables"
was attributed to Intel incompatibles, is that still an issue (I'm
using a MacBook Pro, but the MySQLdb module I got claimed to be
universal <pythonmac.org>)?

Any suggestions?

Peter