[TxMt] LaTeX formats

Juan juanfc at lcc.uma.es
Sun Feb 4 21:21:50 UTC 2007

El 04/02/2007, a las 16:38, Charilaos Skiadas escribió:

> On Feb 4, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Juan wrote:
>>
>> 	I used to use
>>
>> 	%&pdftemasclases
>>
>> and other pre-dumped formated as usual in LaTeX but Cmd-R in
>> TextMate doesn't seems to recognize it.
>
> I have no idea what you mean here, and never seen %&pdftemasclases
> before. Could you elaborate?

	Thanks Charilaos

probably you have never used dumped preformated nor perhaps LaTeX at
all. This could justify that you didnt' never seen any first line
like that

	%&format

as you can see, %& are the initial characters.  They must be at the
first line and since many years (OzTeX and previous) did hep to
change formats and avoid complex usepackages at the start of your
latex sources

TeXShop, OzTeX and many others recognize that "format" like the
format.fmt file it must use in

	pdflatex -format format  source.tex

>> Another good thing it should do could be to retypeset it until no
>> warnings and rebuild bibtex... etc.
>
> Bundles -> Latex -> Help. Look at section 2.2 about Using latexmk.pl

	If you typeset for first time a source.tex, there are no aux, log,
etc, files there and it is very easy to recognize that situations and
then retypeset one or two times more until all the Table of Contents
were correctly updated

Thanks again.