[TxMt] A fix for Move Selection Line Up/Down and suggestions for TextMate

Sergei Yakovlev sergei.yakovlev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:56:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007, at 1:04 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

On 30.12.2007, at 20:13, Sergei Yakovlev wrote:

It would certainly be easier for the average user (and somewhat
more flexible) if TextMate had something like
$TM_SELECTED_TEXT_START_LINE_NUMBER and
$TM_SELECTED_TEXT_START_COLUMN_NUMBER
variables, or, alternatively, slightly changed semantics of
$TM_LINE_NUMBER and $TM_COLUMN_NUMBER variables
so that they always return the starting position of selection
(no matter how the selection was made).

Do you know these variables?
$TM_INPUT_START_LINE
$TM_INPUT_START_LINE_INDEX

Oh, I did not know these existed. Thank you, Hans! These variables
are missing from the official Manual. I decided to check for other
variables, and found that TM_COLUMNS and TM_COLUMN_NUMBER
are missing as well. Should I submit a documentation patch?

Ho-ho-ho,
Sergei Yakovlev