[TxMt] Re: citation completion can't find bibfile

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:59:22 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Kieran Healy wrote:

> Hi,
>> Sorry my bad, I've been a bit rusty. TM_LATEX_BIB is supposed to
>> point to an actual bib file, not the directory. What you want is
>> to set the BIBINPUTS variable in TM to the directory path as well,
>> like you set it in bash_profile. (hopefully ;) ). I'm kind of
>> surprised this wasn't a problem earlier, if you had set
>> TM_LATEX_BIB to that directory. Let's hope this would fix it,
>
> I didn't have TM_LATEX_BIB set originally --- I put that in during
> my efforts to solve the problem. Now I've removed it again.
> BIBINPUTS was not set in TextMate. I set it and it returns '/Users/
> kjhealy/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib:' from within TM. (This is the
> correct path.) But my problem persists. On the MacBook Pro, when I
> use the keyboard shortcut the menu pops up asking to create a label
> or a citation, and when I then select citation, nothing happens
> except the pointer changes to a cross. Same goes for the option
> when selected through the bundle menu. On the G5 desktop (which I
> currently don't have access to) the same thing was happening except
> I was getting the "Can't find any files named 'bibname'" tooltip.
>
> Kieran

Let's rule out some other possibilities.

1) Do things work OK if you copy your bib file and place it next to
your tex file?
2) What is the exact line you use to load the bib file? (i.e.
\bibliography{...} )
3) Can you send me offline a *minimal* example demonstrating the
problem?

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College