[TxMt] R daemon running 'inside' of TM + QUESTION on ram drive

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Dec 20 18:04:02 UTC 2007

On 20.12.2007, at 17:28, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> 	I just started using this and it look pretty sweet so far (though
> admittedly I haven't gone far ;) ). The only problem I am seeing so
> far is with plots, the first time they are generated. If the plot
> window is closed, and I run something like "plot(1:10)", sometimes
> I get:
>
> 326:331: execution error: System Events got an error:
> NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)
> or sometimes
> 331:336: execution error: System Events got an error:
> NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)
Did you open a quartz device or x11?
The error message tends to be sent from quartz. Did you installed
CarbonEL package?
Anyway I will try to reproduce it.

> I'll let you know if I find any other problems, I tend to use R
> quite a lot these days.

I hope that I can post the latest version tomorrow, so you have
something better to test ;)

> The only thing that would worry me about the RAM drive idea is the
> question of handling large data sets. Probably I am
> misunderstanding how it works, but what happens if you load some
> data that would take more than 80M?
No. There is no limit for data size. The only purpose of the ram
drive is store the console output coming from R, in other words what
you writing and printing out while a session within the console.

--Hans