[TxMt] Crash in Find/Replace dialog window

dzurn daz-macromates at zzzurn.com
Tue Dec 18 20:23:39 UTC 2007

I am running into this same problem once in a while. I really liked the large
Search/Replace dialog textboxes I get, since I do so many multi-line
search/replace pairs, so I resolved to try to fix without turning off the
history permanently.

Here's what I did to avoid the issue: I edit the
com.macromates.textmate.plist file to remove the "blank" strings in
findHistory and replaceHistory. Once I did that (removing 8 of the 10
strings in each entry) then my Find/Replace didn't crash when I used a tab.

If I get this problem again, should I try to narrow down which string in the
history caused the problem, or should I just look forward to 2.0? ;)

Darryl