[TxMt] Multimarkdown CSS font-size not being respected on export

John Laudun jlaudun at mac.com
Sun Dec 16 22:00:12 UTC 2007

I now use Textmate for all my drafting, and when I need to share a
draft with someone I simply e-mail as plain text or export an RTF for
better printing. I'm using Multimarkdown so that I can link to
established style sheets hosted on my personal website.

I've tweaked the "Convert to RTF" command in the MMD bundle to export
to Nisus Writer Express -- I'm hoping to develop a script or command
which will automatically create an appropriate header (based on some
variable, I'm not sure yet) -- but I was having the same problem in
TextEdit.

What's that problem? Even though I've got "font-size: 12pt;"
literally littered everywhere in the CSS file (see below), I'm seeing
16pt type either on direct export or if I preview in Textmate's built-
in browser and then copy and paste out to an RTF editor.

The CSS involved is like this:

@page
	{
	size:  auto;