[TxMt] Open new HTML Output Window

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Dec 15 12:37:24 UTC 2007

On 15 Dec 2007, at 11:57, Soryu wrote:
> there was the WebMate plugin once which let you open multiple html
> windows, e.g. multiple web previews. Maybe this could help you.

Yes, that would help. I also can do this very easily with TMTOOLS.
But if I want to share a bundle which depends on an installed plugin,
well I don't know...

On 15 Dec 2007, at 01:34, Ciarán Walsh wrote:
> What do you need it for?

I have a toolbar written as an HTML output window which allows to
execute some scripts. Fine. Sometimes I only want to show a message,
or I want to open an other window as a dialog, or I want to show an
image/pdf/movie etc.

Of course, one could use <div> plus innerHTML, or frames, or iframes
but this is sometimes a bit unclear, and I have to resize the HTML
output window all the time.
One also could think of using DIALOG but to change simple HTML/JS
code is much more faster.

More generally spoken TextMate is already able to handle all these
things. E.g. I can use the Web Preview as PDFViewer, Image/Movie
viewer. The HTML output window can already be used as simple browser
etc.

The only missing 'tiny' piece of software is to access these features
a bit easier. Or am I wrong?

Cheers,

--Hans