[TxMt] Help! Font rendering suddenly degraded. Have deleted ATS caches.

Michael Johnston lastobelus at mac.com
Fri Dec 14 23:09:18 UTC 2007

Thanks, the system prefs were the key to the problem.

Everything is back to normal now, after changing the font smoothing to
best for flat panel. (it was on automatic)

It seems like leopard suddenly forgot that my screens were flat
panels. After running for 3 weeks & several restarts. Strange.

QuickType Mono now looks like it used to in TextMate! Hooray.

What I don't understand is why TextEdit still used sub-pixel rendering
the first time it was launched after a font cache clear and reboot,
but not the second time. That is odd.

Cheerio,

Michael Johnston
lastobelus at mac.com