[TxMt] Color picker for CSS/HTML coding

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Fri Dec 14 04:42:50 UTC 2007

On 2007-Dec-13, at 3:51 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2007, at 16:23, Rob McBroom wrote:
>
>> On Dec 13, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:
>>> Maybe "Insert Color with Color Picker…" ?
>> I think just "Color Picker…" would give you a pretty good idea what
>> it does.
>
> Should we also change “Open…” into “File Requester…” or maybe “Open
> File with File Requester…” ;)

Ha. OK, I see what you're getting at. Let me put it this way. I wanted
this very feature the other day when messing with some CSS, but didn't
"discover" it (to use Thomas's word). I only know about it because of
this thread. I ended up using Xylescope or something to get the right
color. If it had been labeled "Color Picker…", I would have instead
said "Oh, cool. It *is* there."

Of course, when *I'm* the one developing an application, I expect the
users to adapt to the correct terminology, rather than me doing
something incorrectly to meet expectations. :)

"Show Colors…" (*with* the ellipsis) is better than what we've got,
but it still would leave me wondering if it was going to be a drop-
down full of hexadecimal numbers or what. I guess some people would
say the same about "color picker" though. How about "Open a Graphical
Color Selection Panel in a Separate Window That Will Insert a
Hexadecimal Representation of the Selected Color when Closed…"?

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>