[TxMt] Latex bundle - typeset and view failing to find errors, and "the document *.pdf could not be opened"

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:12:29 UTC 2007

Toby,

Unless your error message is something really non-standard it should
be caught and highlighted.  But from what you are saying it just
sounds like your Latex bundle is broken.  Here are a couple of things
to check:

Look in  ~/Library/Application Support/Textmate/Bundles  and Pristine
Copy to see if you have some local modifications to the bundle.  If
you do make a backup copy of them elsewhere and then delete them from
the ~/Library/Application Support/...  directory.

Because the Latex bundle is built-in I don't think that using
GetBundle is going to help you.  To get the very latest version of the
LaTeX bundle you will need to use subversion and check it out from the
repository.  I don't think that is necessary in this case since the
things you mentioned should all work just fine with the version in
TextMate 1436.

Note, if the error message that are not getting caught are really out
of the ordinary please copy and them from the log and email them to me
so I can fix the matching rules add them to my test cases.

Brad