[TxMt] Latex not found

Ben Wooliscroft bwooliscroft at business.otago.ac.nz
Thu Dec 13 08:30:08 UTC 2007

Following the instructions from Haris Skiadas below results in:

"which pdflatex" returns nothing!

"echo $PATH" returns:

/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/CocoaDialog.ap
p/Contents/MacOS:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/Applications/TextMate.app/Co
ntents/SharedSupport/Support/bin

When I type "which pdflatex" into terminal it also returns nothing, but I
can go to /usr/texbin and see pdflatex. Trying to run pdflatex from terminal
results in command not found, but it runs (from usr/texbin) in TexShop.

Now I'm really confused. It appears that the files are there (re-installed
with a new download of MacTex after this problem started - which hasn't
fixed the problem) but somehow hidden from the system, but not from TexShop?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben