[TxMt] Color picker for CSS/HTML coding

Adam Salter adam.q.salter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:27:28 UTC 2007

Hey all,
I'm just wondering about a question that seems pretty logical...

It was raised in the mailing list quite a while ago I think:
http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-November/001522.html

Basically I was doing some css editing and i did a backgound-color and
thought maybe there is a quicker way to select the HTML color...

The attachment discussed on the list seems to do exactly what I want
(but for awk, if i understand correctly)...

But the functionality would be something like:
- if color selected (rgb or #) replace color with new color
else insert new color as #

I'm not a Textmate programmer (just user) so please forgive me if I
don't offer to make the changes myself...

I would be happy to work with somebody to get it working though...

There is also another email just about having a color picker always
available (a lá HTML editing in BBEdit):
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/21290

This would be a good start.

Cheers,
-Adam