[TxMt] LaTeX equation tooltip preview

David F. Snyder dsnyder at txstate.edu
Sun Dec 9 17:45:02 UTC 2007

On 12/9/07 5:17 AM, "baptiste auguie" <bapt_4510 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Now I think I've just found the ultimate tool:
>
> http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/welcome.html
>
> This is by far the best math publishing solution I've
> seen on the web when it comes to including math on
> html pages (MathML, although promising, is really
> lacking support).

MathML isn't very user friendly either. But there's a much larger community
for it (now) than jsMath. I keep my TeX installation updated/maintained via
Fink (yeah, I'm lazy) so currently jsMath doesn't find the TeX fonts ... but
jsMath looks promising, for a java script. Inline equation preview would be
a cool addition to TM.

Best wishes

David

³It will be well for us not to assume an attitude of condescension
towards the crowd. Because in the matter of looking without seeing we
are all about equal. We all go to and fro in a state of the observing
faculties which somewhat resembles coma. We are all content to look and
not see.² -- Arnold Bennett in ³The Author¹s Craft² (1914)

dsnyder at txstate.edu