[TxMt] Plans to localize TextMate

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sat Dec 1 02:38:42 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 6:01 AM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> I have a Russian colleague. He is really hooked of TextMate's
> possibilities. Unfortunately he is very poor in English. He asks me
> whether there are plans to localize TextMate.
>
> AFAIK TM's code isn't written in that style. Meaning there's no
> 'Localizable.string' etc. And I know that it would cost much effort
> to rewrite the entire code in that way. But anyway it's only a
> question ;)

TextMate isn't hard part really… the bundles are. A localized version
of just the default bundles would be a major undertaking, not to
mention there isn't really a method in place to do it…  Not to mention
it might tend to make the bundles a lot harder to read with
localization stuff added, dunno of any good solution…