[TxMt] Search and replace matching brackets?

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:02:04 UTC 2007

I recently had the following problem: I needed to move the contents of my
footnotes in a latex document to parentheses in the main text.  I.e. search
and replace \footnote{......} capturing the contents of the footnote etc.
My problem was that \footnote could contain other latex commands, so that it
was not possible simply to search using the braces.  I needed some way to
search and replace using matching braces.  Is that possible?

Textmate is very good at working out which close brace goes with which open
brace, but as far as I can see that ability is not available when doing a
search and replace.  Is that right?

Best wishes,