[TxMt] Beamer requests

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 04:12:05 UTC 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:

> A couple requests about beamer support.
>
> First, highlight and smart typing pairs should include the ones
> supported in LaTeX. So Miscellaneous (Beamer) should be:
>
> {	highlightPairs = (
> 		( '<', '>' ),
> 		( '"', '"' ),
> 		( '(', ')' ),
> 		( '{', '}' ),
> 		( '[', ']' ),
> 		( '“', '”' ),
> 		( '$', '$' ),
> 		( '`', "'" ),
> 	);
> 	smartTypingPairs = (
> 		( '<', '>' ),
> 		( '"', '"' ),
> 		( '(', ')' ),
> 		( '{', '}' ),
> 		( '[', ']' ),
> 		( '“', '”' ),
> 		( '$', '$' ),
> 		( '`', "'" ),
> 	);
> }

Sorry I lost you here a bit. There is no "Miscellaneous (Beamer)"
file. Are you asking that one be added? Is the only difference the
smart treatment of < and > ? As it is, all the others are treated
smartly in beamer currently.

> Second, it would be nice to support the overprint environment in
> which \onslide functions similarly to \item. Specifically, it would
> be useful to hit enter and to create another \onslide. \onslide
> takes a number between angle brackets (e.g., \onslide<3>, *without*
> a plus or minus sign since overprints may not overlap). Another
> difference from \item is that the text begins indented on a new
> line as in the following example:
>
> \begin{overprint}
>     \onslide<1>
>         lorem
>     \onslide<2>
>         ipsum
> \end{overprint}

I'll look into it. Shouldn't be too hard to add.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> All the best, Mark

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College