[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Alain O'Dea alain.odea at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 22:31:09 UTC 2007

I like this idea a lot. Please implement it (and someone please fix
the brutal character-by-character undo).

Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/) does a compromise here by storing
entries for every file you are editing in something it calls Local
History. It lets you diff/merge against the Local History or load the
content of any previous entry. You don't get the entire undo/redo
history, but you do get major changes that occurred.

I strongly recommend looking at the design used by Eclipse for this.