[TxMt] Re: Python bundle syntax highlighting bug

Alexander Ross alex.j.ross at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:44:20 UTC 2007

> I really like this option.  Anecdotally, it looks like *most* raw
> string users are really writing regex's.  Then, this option will do
> the right thing for 90%-95% of users, and the other 5%-10% of users
> will have a very simple way workaround.
>
> As mentioned, none of us have actually bumped into the "R" prefix in
> use, so this won't effect existing code containing regular
> expressions.  It will effect existing code containing raw strings
> that aren't regular expressions, but these are in the minority.

OK, This has been sitting for a couple of days...

So,  I'm in favor of using the capital "R" prefix to 'turn off' regex
highlighting in raw strings.  Raw strings with the lower case "r"
prefix will be considered to contain regular expressions as before.
I'm going to go ahead and implement it tomorrow, unless there are some
strong objections tonight.

–Alex