[TxMt] Beware of creating files with names that differ only in case!

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 16 18:51:06 UTC 2007

Chris I believe this is the fault of the Mac OS.  For historical
reasons I think the operating system will by default treat files that
differ only in case as the same.

Here is a simple test....

Open the Terminal.

Create a file called "junk" with the touch command:

$ touch junk

Now create a file called "Junk" with the touch command:

$ touch Junk

Now check your results:

$ ls -l

On my mac I just did this and the ls command revealed just the
original (all lower case) file name..

--gordy