[TxMt] Re: Mercurial

Dave Winzler dave at nkvt.com
Thu Aug 16 13:08:39 UTC 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 7:24:45 AM, Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk>
wrote:

> is there a good workflow tutorial for the solo developer using
> Mercurial with TextMate for managing website builds and changes?
>
> if I learn about it and write one, will anyone be interested in
> reading it, or are we mostly team developers?

I don't know of such a tutorial, Tony, but I would definitely be
interested in helping create one. I've been using mercurial with a
few of my sites for a few months now, and it's been working out
great. There are still a lot of features I don't use, but as a fellow
solo developer I'd be happy to share my workflow and the tips I've
discovered if you'd find that helpful.

I've installed the Mercurial extension in Trac, which puts a pretty
web-based GUI on each of my sites' repositories, and lets me compare
before and after changes side-by-side, and even keeps track of
project goals and even includes a project-based wiki.

I love TextMate, and pretty much live in it while I'm working, but I
use the command line to issue Mercurial commands. It's probably just
me, but I find that more flexible and easier to use than the
Mercurial Bundle. No a big deal, since I need to ssh to the web
server to issue the hg update command anyway.

Feel free to email me directly, so as to not clutter up this mailing
list.

Cheers,

	- Dave