[TxMt] Flash Environment Issue

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Aug 16 10:55:14 UTC 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 3:10 AM, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:

> On 15 Aug 2007, at 22:25, Ale Muñoz wrote:
>
>> I'll take a look at it. Could you please send me a swf file that
>> exhibits that behavior?
>
> I've found the culprit.  I was trying out the Safari 3 beta and
> after downgrading back to Safari 2 the problem has gone away.  When
> I close the Web Preview window the flash movie goes away properly.
>
> However I now have a weirder problem.  My flash movie would load in
> an external .swf which contained the sounds.  It loads it fine when
> I preview in Flash MX or when I view it in a browser.  It loaded
> fine in the TextMate preview window before I upgraded to Safari 3
> and after I upgraded to Safari 3, but now I have downgraded to
> Safari 2 again it no longer loads the file.  In all other situations
> it works fine, just not in the TM preview window any more.
>
> I think I've set all the security settings I need to, allowed access
> in the Global Security Settings pane of the Flash settings manager
> and made sure all the files are readable.  I've no idea what's going
> on with this one.  Any suggestions?
>
> Gaby
>
> --
> Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
> http://www.playr.co.uk/

You could try observing the onunload event and having javascript
destroy the flash before it closes the window.

You used to have to do that with the TextMate.system thing or else it
would crash textmate, not sure if you still do, but I do anyway.
Always good practive to clean up your garbage when you leave a room ;)

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — bundleForge