[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Aug 16 10:53:08 UTC 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Tony Crockford wrote:
> P.S. on SVN, anyone got a simple walkthrough link/tutorial for
> setting up and using (in a workflow with TM preferably) a local SVN
> system - for file bundles (such as websites) rather than application
> code, with revisions, branches and suchlike)

My advice: Don't use subversion if you're a single developer.
Unless it's really easy to use. (I use Dreamhost[1] and they have
unlimited instant subversion repo creation, so I use that)

Setting up a local subversion repo is not worth the effort, just use
Mercurial instead. Git it lovely, but totally overkill for a website.

I'm probly going to be switching to Mercurial for everything soon.
I'm just too used to subversion to really need to upgrade yet. And
since I can make an http hosted repo in a few seconds, it's really
easy still.

so, my advice:

Subversion, no
Mercurial, yes

[1] http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?14273
	use promo code: SUBTLEGRADIENT to save tons of money and make me
filthy rich!

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — bundleForge