[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 08:01:31 UTC 2007

On 16 Aug 2007, at 08:50, Alexey Blinov wrote:

> Hm... whats wrong with setup personal SVN server?

because it's the one time you didn't use SVN on a project that you
find you need it.

I'm still struggling with the discipline required to have all my web
projects (several hundred) in SVN as sometimes a bundle of files is
created in two days of frenzied editing and then never touched again
(by me) - SVN'ing that seems a faff, but having the editor enable the
undoing of errors or reverting to a previous save point would be far
simpler.

P.S. on SVN, anyone got a simple walkthrough link/tutorial for
setting up and using (in a workflow with TM preferably) a local SVN
system - for file bundles (such as websites) rather than application
code, with revisions, branches and suchlike)