[TxMt] [POLL] Infinite UNDOs / Transparent History management?

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Thu Aug 16 07:59:48 UTC 2007

On 16 Aug 2007, at 08:12, Tony Crockford wrote:

> I'd only want full files available to revert to though, the one
> character at a time undo is a pain at the best of times.

Is it possible to have a checkbox somewhere in the preferences pane
that toggles between 1-char undo and 1-word undo?  If the checkbox is
ticked then when you undo something it keeps doing undo steps until
the undo that was just undone matches either of these criteria:

	- The next undo and this undo are on different lines in the document
	- The next undo is a whitespace character (tab, space, newline)

That's the simplest way I can think of to use a single-char undo to
do word-level undo with not much coding required.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/