[TxMt] Re: LaTeX-Bundle: handle umlaute and special characters

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:36:46 UTC 2007

On 8/15/07, Piero D'Ancona <pierodancona at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthias Conrad <conrad at ...> writes:
>
> > I want to type "Doppelgänger" (I have a german keyboard)
> and see exactly this typing in TM. However, in my TeX-File (
> suppose name.tex) TM writes "Doppelg\"{a}nger",
> especially without any "key equivalent". ... with thedescribed benefit.
>
> Then it's even simpler: just define a snippet which
> inserts \"{o} associated to the key shortcut ö,
> a similar one for ü and a similar one for ä.

That won't work for him, if I understood him right.
I think what would work would be some script, that creates out of the
tex-file one is working on a temporary file and then goes through the
file changes the umlauts and other stuff to entities and renders then
the temporary file. But pdfsync would then be impossible.
If I understand it correct he wants that he sees in textmate
"Doppelgänger" but when rendering not "Doppelgänger" gets rendered but
"Doppelg\"{a}nger". So he never sees the entities in the document he's
workin on but it gets rendered as there would be entities instead of
umlauts in it.

Niels