[TxMt] Re: Python bundle syntax highlighting bug

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:28:17 UTC 2007

I'm voting for option 2. I've never seen a syntax highlighter for a
rich language that works perfectly--except maybe Lisp highlighting in
Emacs--and when the highlighting fails I'd rather it fail to the
plainest highlighting possible.

And adding a no-op "signal" to raw strings that will later be used as
regexes just to turn on some coloring seems very unPythonic in that:

It is ugly.
It is implicit.
It adds complexity.
It detracts from readability.