[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Bundle + Image drag-and-drop [Was: New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion]

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Tue Aug 14 22:55:01 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 8/14/07, Brad Miller <bmiller at luther.edu> wrote:

> I still can't reproduce your problem.  If you have access to ##textmate on
> irc send me a message (bnmnetp) and we'll see if we can debug this in real
> time.
>
> Brad
>
> --
> Brad Miller
> Assistant Professor, Computer Science
> Luther College
>
> On 8/14/07, Bastian Philipps <bp.profiles at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Brad Miller wrote:
> > > In the meantime, can you be a bit more explicit about what exactly you
> > > are doing.  What kind of file are you dragging? Are there spaces in
> > the
> > > name? Does the .tex file have a master file set or not?  How exactly
> > is
> > > the master file set?
> >
> > Sure,
> >
> > after a little testing, I am quite positive that it's related to the
> > specification method of a master file.
> > I am dragging in an .png image file named something like image_tbd.png,
> > so no spaces, no special characters.
> >
> > Dragging into a single-file .tex document works as does dragging into a
> > project file with master file set by TM_LATEX_MASTER as project
> > variable.
> > Dragging into a project file using %!TEX root does not work and results
> > in earlier mentioned error.
> > Both master specifications use full path names.

Haris and I have been trying some things out and the only way we have been
able to reproduce your problem is to put quotes around the pathname.  for
example:

%!TEX root = '/Users/me/Papers/my paper.tex'  gives the error you describe,
but if you remove the quotes then things work OK.  Is this your problem too?

Brad

Hope that helps