[TxMt] LaTeX Bundle: Error with new Preferences

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sun Aug 12 13:22:46 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Piero D'Ancona <pierodancona at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I launch the new "Preferences..."
> command, I get the following error.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks, Piero

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/expat.py", line 4, in ?
>     from pyexpat import *
> ImportError: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
> Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so, 2):
> no suitable image found.
>
> Did find:       /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
> Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so:
> mach-o,
> but wrong architecture

OK, now that I look a little more carefully at the error message you
provided I see the problem.  The fact that python is trying to load
pyexpat.so out of site-packages tells me that module is something you
installed in addition to the standard python.  You are going to need to
reinstall or remove the xmlplus package.

Brad