[TxMt] Re: POLL: HTML CodeSense?

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:59:44 UTC 2007

Jacob Rus wrote:

>> This would be some kind of button/command where you could click the
>> button and it would go through all text and replace the invalid
>> characters with character entities (according to the doctype). So for
>> eg; in an XTHML doc it would replace a £ with £ It may be worth
>> having a sub-function where it goes through them one by one, like a
>> spell checker, in case there are conflicts.
>
> Note that the "convert characters to entities" command already does this
> (⌘&).

I wish there was a way to convert characters to decimal numeric
character references, since these have better browser support and
equivalents for all Unicode characters not just some common ones. At the
moment I use:

http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/uniview/conversion.php

But it would be nice to have an integrated tool.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis