[TxMt] Compiling Latex with TextMate ???

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:30:49 UTC 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 5:18 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> What do you think of the attached screen shot?

I would prefer to make it clear that this is script is to be used in
place of a direct engine, with some checkbox somewhere. In fact, this
should be an alternative to latexmk. i.e. I am thinking of it as
having a checkbox that makes it clear to the user that they have
enabled a custom script or latexmk.pl, instead of the direct choices
on the top.

Also, I think that there is some %!TEX directive that users can use
to force the use of a particular "TeXShop engine" (i.e. what we cann
a custom script), which would be nice if we can respect in some way.

>> Btw, why is latexmk.pl an option in the popup? Is it independent of
>> the four options there?
>
> I didn't put it in the popup because its not the same thing as the
> others.  Plus, potentially latexmk.pl could be instructed to use
> the engine specified by the popup.

Oh it can? How? If that's the case, then of course it should be kept
separate.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College