[TxMt] New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Bastian Philipps bp.profiles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 18:52:46 UTC 2007

Ciao Folks,

at first I would like to offer my thanks for the great work on the new LaTeX
bundle. It's a big step forward especially in the area of displaying the log
after compilation. I really missed that compared to TeXShop.

Tonight, while playing around with the new "%!TEX root" directives to define a
master file, I noticed that Auto-Completion for \cite{} etc. using ALT+ESC only
works recursively if the master file is still specified using the
TM_LATEX_MASTER variable either in a project or global. the %!TEX directive does
work for compilation but not for completion as it seems.

Is this a correct observation or rather a bug on my side. I am not sure, if it
would even be possible to enable recursive search using only the directives. If
that is the case, I guess it would be best to mention that in section 2.3 of the
bundle help as advantage of the TM_LATEX_MASTER variable.

Just my two cents ;-)

Best Wishes
Bastian