[TxMt] Re: Dynamic snippets?

Cocoa Bob cocoabob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:40:10 UTC 2007

Thomas Aylott writes:

> Yes. There are a few ways you could do this.
> You could write some sort of ruby script to parse the text you just entered
and generate the code.
> Or you could write a really complex snippet using multiple instances of the
same variable.

Thanks for your kind reply Thomas. The complex snippet (which I think I know how
to do) alternative is not a real alternative, because of the teaching situation,
I do not want to clutter the screen before I've entered the simple three line
form. But if there are ways to hide the complex snippet and show it when I'm
done with filling in the form, that would be useful!

The ruby script is an option, but unfortunately I do not know ruby, and would
have to invest time to learn it. But I did some Python programming last year. Is
it possible to use Python instead?

Thanks Bob