[TxMt] Using gmail and not seeing own messages

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:19:22 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
>
>> On Aug 8, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

<snip>

>> Because I'm using Mail.app I set up smart folders for each
>> subscribed mailing list which include my own sent mails to the
>> mailing list. Then I can see them, too as well.
>
> I have set rules that move the files to local mailboxes, but of
> course those rules only apply to incoming mail :(

Smart folders are the way to go -- I have nowadays only an archive-
folder (actually several ones - after a quarter is over, I create a
sub-folder for received messages and move them over) and some folders
for GTD-style-handling of mail (because of the unread count which is
not always updated on smart folders). The rest is done via smart
folders.

Niels