[TxMt] Using gmail and not seeing own messages

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:54:06 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Hopefully someone can help me with the following simple problem.
>
> I recently moved to a gmail account for my mailing list
> subscriptions. I have enabled POP access in gmail, and set Mail.app
> to read those messages. Everything works just fine, except for the
> fact that I never get to see my own messages to the list, even
> though I have set my list preferences so as to receive them. Anyone
> encountered this before?

That's the normal behaviour of GMail (it's a feature, not a bug).
It detects your messages from mailing-lists and doesn't send them too
you. You can see them in the thread view of GMail.
Because I'm using Mail.app I set up smart folders for each subscribed
mailing list which include my own sent mails to the mailing list.
Then I can see them, too as well.
Another workaround could be to use the user "recent:yourgmailaccount"
instead "yourgmailaccount" (but I'm not 100% sure about that - but it
should work)

Niels