[TxMt] Re: POLL: HTML CodeSense?

Paul Collins pauldcollins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:58:54 UTC 2007

Thanks for your reply Steve...

> I just wanted to be clear (maybe the initial reply was buried by the
> avalanche of replies to the code sense :-) but it's not ⌃> that does
> what you'd like the "closing bracket type-hit" to do, but rather
> ⌘⌥. (<- that period is part of the keystroke, not the end of the
> sentence). (<- this period is the end of the sentence)

I can't seem to get that shortcut to work, maybe I've somehow changed
the settings when I was playing about!

> One thing to keep in mind here is that the ⌘] key combo has been the
> defacto Mac OS key combination to indent highlighted text since way
> back when Steve Jobs was wearing diapers. So it's not TextMate that
> has to change, but rather the other OS X apps that brought their
> windows shortcuts along with them ;-)

You are right, that is true. I think even in Dreamweaver on Mac, it is
set for ⌥⇥ by default, I always go in and change it when I install as
I have come from PC to Mac a little while back, probably like a lot of
people.  I can get used to it eventually, but it would be nice if
there was the option to change it as I am used to using a single
keystroke to indent text! I guess all of these things are just to make
it easier to migrate to textmate. Only a want rather than a need.

Thanks again