[TxMt] Re: POLL: HTML CodeSense?

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Tue Aug 7 12:24:24 UTC 2007

Just to mention a few things ...

> Just on those two, I think most HTML editors use the shortcuts
> mentioned above and probably the most painful thing when you migrate
> is trying to get used to a whole new group of shortcuts. I think  the
> ⌃> works better in some ways for closing tags as you don't have to
> tab
> back in to add an ID or class to a DIV you just closed.

I just wanted to be clear (maybe the initial reply was buried by the
avalanche of replies to the code sense :-) but it's not ⌃> that does
what you'd like the "closing bracket type-hit" to do, but rather
⌘⌥. (<- that period is part of the keystroke, not the end of the
sentence). (<- this period is the end of the sentence)

The two are quite a bit different, and both very handy.

> The ⌘] or ⌥⇥
> shortcut is a pain for indenting though and I still hit TAB everytime
> and delete my text. These are only small things, but when using on a
> day to day basis can be annoying.

One thing to keep in mind here is that the ⌘] key combo has been the
defacto Mac OS key combination to indent highlighted text since way
back when Steve Jobs was wearing diapers. So it's not TextMate that
has to change, but rather the other OS X apps that brought their
windows shortcuts along with them ;-)

-steve