[TxMt] Typeset & View branch merged back to the mainline

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Sun Aug 5 16:30:28 UTC 2007

On 04.08.2007, at 19:01, Brad Miller wrote:

> Oliver, just to be clear, you are talking about the command Show in
> PDFViewer (pdfsync), not the button press at the bottom of the
> Latex and View window.
>
> I have not experienced the 10 second hang you are talking about in
> either case.  What version of Skim are you using?  Does the same
> thing happen if you use Preview?

I just noticed something strange concerning the 10s hang when
invocating the "Show in PDFViewer (pdfsync)" command. I commented out
one paragraph in my Latex document and then hit the above command.
After the usual 10s delay, Skim opened and showed me the
corresponding section, *without* the part of the text I just
commented out *without* having typeset the document before. So it
must have somehow typeset the document in the background. I double-
checked this behaviour by un-commenting the line again. And again,
after running the command, the paragraph was there again, set in the
PDF. I don't suppose this command should set the document in the
background, does it? Only jump to the location in the PDF.

Yours, Oliver