[TxMt] Typeset & View branch merged back to the mainline

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Sat Aug 4 13:41:46 UTC 2007

On 04.08.2007, at 05:40, Brad Miller wrote:

> Please let me know asap if you find anything wrong with this version.

I just updated to the new version. Very nice, thank you! I don't know
why but it seems like typesetting a document runs much faster ;-)

Unfortunately, I noticed two other things:

- PDFsyncing: When using "Show in PDFViewer", TextMate hangs for
about 10 seconds and then shows me the document in Skim, but not on
the correct page. During these 10 seconds CPU use goes up to around
25%. I'm using \include{somesection} in a master document. pdfsync
also seems not to work with "Typeset and View". It used to work with
the old version. Syncing back from Skim to TM works flawlessly, even
with includes.

- When using one of the (new?) "Cross reference a..." commands, it
automatically inserts 'section', 'table', 'page' or 'listing' in
english into the document. Since not everybody writes in english,
this is kind of annoying. Please insert at least a tab stop with the
corresponding word selected, so one can write it in one's own language.

Btw: which of the old shell variables do I still need, now that some
things are handled over the preferences dialog (why is the latex-pref
window resizable btw?)?

Again many thanks for all your work on the Latex Bundle!
Oliver