[TxMt] Font setting problems

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Fri Aug 3 18:46:48 UTC 2007

At 13:25 Uhr +0100 03.08.2007, Tony Crockford wrote:
>  on this note, I too have old eyes, yet find the bitmapped profont
> at 9pt easier to read than any of the truetype fonts i tried.
>
>  9pt is a little small, so does anyone know of any bitmapped fonts
> that are optimised for 11 or 12pt text?

I think Apples Monaco is quite fine at 12pt... Courier, too, though
it's not a bitmap font.

And... well, if ProFont 9pt is a _little_ too small for you then I
guess this one is probably too _big_ for your taste: Being a long
time Atari user, I always felt that the Atari ST system font is very
readable. Someone converted it to a bitmap font for the classic MacOS
years ago and I recently converted that one to a OSX compatible
version (at least it works on _my_ system).

This is what it looks like in TextMate when set to 16pt (and this is
the only size):
http://www.tobiasjung.net/storage/atarifont.png

And here's the font file:
http://www.tobiasjung.net/storage/AtariSTSystemfont.dfont.zip