[TxMt] Latex Config and backward compatibility questions

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Thu Aug 2 16:59:56 UTC 2007

Dear Brad,

While your working on the LaTeX bundle, I thought I would mention a
couple of things.

First, the "Keep log window open" checkbox is working imperfectly for
me. I checked it and it kept the window open. But unchecking it, the
window still remains open.

It is less than optimal that the engine and options work
independently of one another. If you have options set for pdflatex
and the switch your engine to xetex, say, these options persist even
though they may not be valid options for the selected engine.

It would also be nice if the user could save options and select among
them instead of having to retype them.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks for all the hard work. I am definitely enjoying the new
Typeset and Preview command.

All the best, Mark