[TxMt] a shell mode for TextMate?

Pete Siemsen siemsen at UCAR.EDU
Thu Aug 2 15:55:03 UTC 2007

Allan,

Thanks!  I downloaded ThisService and used it to define my own
service, a Perl script that translates IP addresses.  Works in
Terminal, but the output went right into the Terminal instead of
appearing as a tooltip.  So I tried PerlTk to open a small text
window to display the result, but PerlTk requires that X11 be
running.  So I rewrote it in Ruby and used Tk in Ruby.  It works!

My only gripe is that that the window opens somewhere on the screen
other than next to the cursor.  I realize that I'm far afield from
TextMate here, but can you suggest another approach that would open a
tooltip window next to the cursor, as TextMate does?

-- Pete