[TxMt] LaTeX getting started?

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Thu Aug 2 15:31:35 UTC 2007

Thomas,

www.tug.org  is the website for the tex users group.  There are a couple
tutorials there:
http://www.tug.org/tutorials/tugindia/
http://www.tug.org/tutorials/lshort/lshort.pdf

You can also google for latex tutorial and gets tons of them.

Using TM one easy way to go is to create a document using one of the latex
templates.  Try the article template.  Save it and press cmd-R

You can modify the \title{}  and \author{} commands and then try typing some
stuff below \section{Introduction}

You can start to explore a bit more with the Latex Bundle menu to see
formatting options.

Drag and drop a picture of pdf diagram into the document to see how figures
are included in a document.

Brad

On 8/2/07, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) <oblivious at subtlegradient.com>
wrote:

> Howdy.
> Since TextMate seems to be like 80% LaTeX users. I feel a burning need
> to use latex.
> Can one of you LaTeX gurus condescend to learn me what's up?
> Maybe a few links to how to get started with latex and latex in
> textmate specifically.
>
> Do you have to be a nerd to be able to use it?
>
>         thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors

Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College