[TxMt] Do we really need a Color/Font Picker?

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Aug 2 08:31:32 UTC 2007

On 1 Aug 2007, at 16:14, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 1. Aug 2007, at 15:30, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>> [...]
>> I wrote a routine for tm_dialog to parse the result dictionary for
>> NSColor objects. If there are some the routine will replace the
>> content of these dictionary's keys with an array containing the
>> following strings: [...]
> The solution is to specify a value transformer for the binding,
> which should be: OakStringToColorTransformer
> We do that in TODO’s Preferences.nib.

Yes, I saw it but I have two tiny things to mention:
1) The transformer converts a NSColor "only" to a String à la
"#RRGGBB". If this is enough for the color picker's output, fine.

2) I always got an error if I tried to set the color for NSColorWell
via -p 'color="#FF0000";'. The error was:
NSCFString alphaComponent: selector not recognized. I also tried -p
'color="#FF0000FF";' but no success.

If I copy the same NSColorFromString routine from ValueTransformer.mm
and use it for setting the color in Dialog.mm, it works!?

Hans