[TxMt] Japanese TextMate Bundles Tutorial

Takaaki Kato devlist at samuraicoder.net
Wed Aug 1 22:34:30 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 6:50 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> I can tell you that Matz is an emacs fan.

Yeah, Matz uses emacs. I should also add that Oniguruma is written by
Japanese.

I think if TM 2 has supoort for Japanese, there will be more people
to be involved in the community. There are official documentations
written in Japanese for some languages like PHP, we could use Control-
H to look up in Japanese documentations. There are more things I can
consider.

There can be a bundle for handling Japanese easier, like converting
full-width kana to half-width. This kind of thing can be done soon if
people in Japan find TextMate useful.

I see many mags in Japan put TM on the list for useful apps for rails
with hetima's trick for handling Japanese. Aside from editors we all
know, CotEditor is a very good addition to the family of editors on
the Mac world. But, even for Rails development, people prefer Windows.

Here's a shot form the latest Japanese magazine. Sorry, I only have a
built-in iSight for shooting.

http://samuraicoder.net/tm_mag.jpg

Takaaki
--